Thursday, December 30, 2010

Reflections on the year

My one resolution comes down to this – not to take to heart too much what I witness around me. This is both a sad and happy revelation at the same time.

Sad because initially I view this as a degradation of my humanity putting me less in touch with the world around me. Sad because I shouldn’t be feeling as though my heightened awareness and empathy with others, fictional or real, should be in free flow.

Happy because I really do need to build a survival instinct that allows me to be more selfish and concentrate on being seen to succeed in the world in which I live. My OOMPH, i.e. 1”00mph” speed, needs to be brought back into the picture. I wish to recapture my initial pace of over 10 years ago when I started teaching and couple it with the wisdom gathered during the past years of two careers.

2011 will for me be a year of strife – in a good sense – striving for the fountain of youth that is within us all. It will be hard work, but worth every minute. Here we go.

PS This was actually 00:49 local time on New Year’s Eve!

some days ---

No comments: