Monday, December 13, 2010

Far too cold!

I’m not one to complain too much about the weather, but this arctic wind is really getting me down now. I just started bicycling nine miles to work and back again, as the snows hit.

What I find really fascinating is the way that such a blip can affect the spirit so quickly and so deeply. It is no longer a mind set, but a deep-seeded feeling that I should succumb to nature. Perhaps that is as it should be – respecting Mother Nature for who she is and, almost in an animal sense, hibernating during winter months.

Still, life must go on beyond winter weather and the preparation we go through should allow us to enjoy rebirth of greenery and new life more generally. Even more enjoyable will be the bike rides into work with fresh air (warmer air?) all around me come March.

No comments: