Saturday, December 4, 2010

Addendum to October 29, 2007, "Job Interview"

On reflection, what a lucky escape I had...Michael Gove has cut the university budget by 80%, mistakenly in my humble opinion. Schools do not have the infrastructure or the interest in training the entire next generation of teachers. (He has also confused the discipline of the students with attainment - putting soldiers in the classroom to instill discipline, without thinking through whether they might or might not be called ("vocation") to develop our future generations.)

I didn't get the job then. With patience, I have seen the back of my previous headteacher and a more human head has taken his place. Decency has prevailed and, short of the issues over budget with an uncertain future in secondary, I will continue to have a job that I enjoy in a place I enjoy working.

So, a lucky escape and a foundation for renewed vigour.

No comments: